If you only update the firmware on one of your earbuds there are a couple of things you can try:
- Put both earphones back in the charging case for a few seconds, take them out and let them reconnect automatically. If they do not auto-reconnect, check they are both powered on and select one of them from the Bluetooth Setting 'MY DEVICES' list.
- Check the earphone is correctly connected, and close and restart the app
- Turn Bluetooth off and on again, check the earphones have automatically reconnected and if not manually connect them
- Try updating both earbuds on using a different mobile device, if you have one
- Try switching which earbud is the primary and secondary earbud. The primary earbud will always be the one that is connected first to your device and the one that will update its firmware first.
- The earbuds will show as either 'Melomania L // Cambridge' or 'Melomania R // Cambridge' on your Bluetooth device list and may both say 'connected' although the Primary earbud is generally the one that is removed from the case first. If it is the Secondary earbud that is having trouble updating, then we would suggest placing both earbuds back in the case until they have disconnected from your phone and then remove the other earbud first and see if you are able to update the previously failing earbud when it is now the primary earbud.
- Uninstall the Melomania app from your mobile device, then re-install the app and begin the process again.