Step 1. Charge new earphones for 30 minutes before pairing.
Step 2. Take the earphones out of the charging case.
If your Melomania 1+ earphones have not previously been paired, or you have reset them, they should automatically be ready to pair. The correct state for pairing is: the LED on one earphone flashing blue and white alternately, and the other earphone’s LED flashing white. They must be in this state to pair successfully.
If they do not automatically go into the correct pairing state, try putting them back in the charging case for a few seconds and then taking them out again.
If they have never been paired but do not go into the pairing state automatically, or if they have previously been paired with another device, then you must put them in pairing mode manually:
1) If the LED is unlit, then the earphone is OFF. Touch the control surface for about 2 seconds until the voice prompt says ‘power on’ and the LED flashes white. Both earphones must be powered ON.
2) If both earphones’ LEDs are flashing white, then neither of them are waiting to pair. Touch the control surface on ONE earphone, it doesn’t matter which one, for about 3 seconds until the voice prompt says ‘waiting to pair’ and the LED flashes blue and white alternately. One earphone must be waiting to pair.
Step 3. Go to your Settings by pressing the gear icon on your control panel.
Step 4. Go into your Windows Settings and select Devices.
Step 5. Turn ON Bluetooth if it is OFF.
Step 6. Select Add Bluetooth or Other Device.
Step 7. Select Bluetooth.
Step 8. Select Melomania 1+ from the Add a Device list.
You will see either Melomania Touch L or Melomania Touch R in the Add a device list. Ensure that the Melomania Touch (L or R) has the headset icon next to it in the Add a device list. If you do not see the headset icon next to Melomania Touch (L or R), press Cancel and try again.
Once selected you will hear the “Melomania Connected” voice prompt. Stay on this page. You will also see the pop-up box in the bottom right of the screen informing you about ‘Setting up device’. This is your primary earphone.
Step 9. Accept pairing request from secondary earphone.
Select Allow to proceed. You will hear the “Melomania Paired” and “Melomania Connected” voice prompt and the LED on the secondary earphone will flash white.
Do not select ‘Close’ yet. You will see the pop-up box will say ‘Setting up a device’: this is your secondary earphone.
The pop-up box will now inform you that your primary earphone has been set up.
10. Select Close.
Step 11. Your Melomania 1+ earphones are now connected.
Step 12. Ensure your device output is correct.
On your task bar, click on the icon and ensure it is set to Headphones (Melomania 1+ R or L Stereo).
Headphones (Melomania 1+ R or L Stereo) is used for listening to music.
Headset (Melomania 1+ R or L Hands-Free AG Audio) is used for calls.
If Pairing is not successful and you need to start again.
1) In the Bluetooth & other devices My Devices list press on the Melomania 1+ L or R.
2) Select ‘Remove Device’.
3) Select ‘Yes’.
4) Repeat to forget the other earphone.
5) Continue with manual pairing from Step 5.