IMPORTANT: Before updating the earphone firmware using the Melomania app, check that your Melomania 1+ are connected correctly.
When correctly connected, Melomania 1+ will show in your device’s Bluetooth settings 'Paired Devices' list, like this. In this case Melomania 1+ L is the primary earphone and Melomania 1+ R is the secondary earphone. They may connect with Melomania 1+ R as the primary earphone and Melomania 1+ L as the secondary earphone, that is fine. You should check that the secondary earphone is powered on, the LED will be flashing white.
- You may see the secondary bud appearing as “Headset”, or that there are three devices displayed – this is fine, don’t delete them.
Step1. Open the Melomania App
If there is new firmware available for your earphones, shortly after opening the app, you will see a message advising you to update your earphone’s firmware.
Select ‘Go to Firmware Update’.
Step 2: Select ‘Update Now’.
Step 3: Select ‘Yes – Update Firmware’.
Step 4. Wait for the update to complete.
IMPORTANT Do not leave the update page whilst the update is in progress as this will cause it to fail. If you do leave the update page, the earphones will be fine, you will be able to restart the update later.
The update will take a few minutes to complete. The earphones update one at a time and each one happens in stages:
Stage 1: Erasing old firmware from temporary memory – the progress indicator will show 0% for about 40 seconds.
Stage 2: Transferring new firmware to temporary memory – the progress indicator will increase from 1% to 99%.
Stage 3: Earphone firmware updating – the progress indicator will show 99% for around 40 Seconds.
Stage 4: The firmware update for the first earphone will complete - you will hear voice prompts saying “Power On” and “Melomania Connected”.
Stage 5: Wait for the second earphone to update through the stages above.
Step 5. When both earphones have updated press ‘Return to Hub’.
Step 6. Confirm the firmware version.
After being redirected to the Hub page, select the ‘Settings’ or ‘More’ tab and at the bottom of the screen to see your Melomania 1+’s current firmware version.
If the update fails at any point, retry the update by selecting 'Try Again'.
If this problem persists there are a few things to try:
- Put both earphones back in the charging case for a few seconds, take them out and let them reconnect automatically. If they do not auto-reconnect check, they are both powered on and select one of them from the Bluetooth Setting 'MY DEVICES' list.
- Check the earphones are correctly connected, and close and restart the app and opening a few seconds afterwards.
- Turn Bluetooth off and on again, check the earphones have automatically reconnected and if not manually connect them.
If the ‘Update Now’ box is greyed out, it could mean one of two things:
- One or both of your earphones have low battery, charge them before updating firmware.
- Only one earphone is connected to your device, go to your Bluetooth settings and ensure both buds are connected before updating firmware.