IMPORTANT: Before updating the earphone firmware using the Melomania app, check that your Melomania Touch are connected correctly.
When correctly connected, Melomania Touch will show in your device’s Bluetooth settings 'MY DEVICES' list, like this. In this case Melomania Touch L is the primary earphone and Melomania Touch R is the secondary earphone. They may connect with Melomania Touch R as the primary earphone and Melomania Touch L as the secondary earphone, that is fine. You should check that the secondary earphone is powered on, the LED will be flashing white.
If you are using a phone that supports TWS+ then you will see something like this:
Step1: Open the Melomania App
If there is new firmware available for your earphones, shortly after opening the app, you will see a message advising you.
Select ‘Go to Firmware Update’.
Note: If your buds are on or above v2.1.0 you will be asked if you would like to update the firmware, select ‘Yes’ when you see this.
Step 2: Select ‘Update Now’
Step 3: Select ‘Yes – Update Firmware’.
Step 4: Wait for the update to complete.
IMPORTANT Do not leave the update page whilst the update is in progress as this will cause it to fail. If you do leave the update page, the earphones will be fine, you will be able to restart the update later.
The update will take a few minutes to complete. The earphones update one at a time and each one happens in stages:
Stage 1: Erasing old firmware from temporary memory – the progress indicator will show 0% for about 40 seconds.
Stage 2: Transferring new firmware to temporary memory – the progress indicator will increase from 1% to 99%
Stage 3 – Earphone firmware updating – the progress indicator will show 99% for around 40 Seconds.
Stage 4 – The firmware update for the first earphone will complete - you will hear voice prompts saying “Power On” and “Melomania Connected”.
Stage 5 – Wait for the second earphone to update through the stages above.
Step 5. When both earphones have updated press ‘Return to Hub’.
Step 6. Confirm the firmware version.
After being redirected to the Hub page, select the ‘Settings’ or ‘More’ tab and at the bottom of the screen to see your Melomania Touch’s current firmware version.
If the update fails at any point, ‘Retry’ the update.
It is possible that, during a firmware update or audio mode switch, you will encounter certain error codes that will prevent you from proceeding with your update. These are RF (radio frequency) communication errors that cannot be fixed via firmware.
Errors that could be encountered:
- Error! (0x0000)
- Error! (0x001E)
- Error! (0x0023)
There are three ways to solve these errors:
- Hard close and re-open the Melomania App.
- Put both earphones back into the charging case to allow auto-power off and then remove both earphones to allow auto-power on. Your Melomania earphones will automatically connect to your device again.
- Manually power off (hold finger on touch surface on both buds at the same time for 3 seconds until “Power Off” voice prompt is heard) and then power on both earphones (hold finger on touch surface on both buds at the same time for 3 seconds until “Power On” voice prompt is heard). Your Melomania earphones will automatically connect to your device again.
If the ‘Update Now’ box is greyed out, it could mean one of two things:
- One or both of your earphones have low battery, charge them before updating firmware.
- Only one earphone is connected to your device, go to your Bluetooth settings and ensure both buds are connected before updating firmware.