Since the launch of Melomania Touch we’ve become aware of a few things that we could have explained more clearly and apologise if your user experience is less than perfect. Learning from initial feedback, we have come up with some guidance which should ease possible frustration. As of writing this on 17th Jan, we also have a firmware update coming soon, via the Melomania app. If you have notification settings for the Melomania App switched on, you will receive a message to make you aware of the update. Please also check your device for App updates which will be made available from time to time, to improve user experience.
Connectivity issues may occur for a minority of owners, for various reasons:
1. Because the earphones are used in areas where there is a lot of signal traffic and Bluetooth/Wi-Fi devices, this can cause connectivity issues due to multiple devices competing for the same bandwidth.
2. Because there is electro-magnetic interference in an outside area or where signals are not able to amplify by bouncing off walls to strengthen signal
3. Because there is a glitch in your firmware (a reset of your earphones and a fresh pairing process will usually cure this)
4. Because your earphones are faulty
If you find that your earbuds drop their signal occasionally, this may be due to a loss of signal through the water mass within your body (Bluetooth can't travel well through liquid). This more commonly occurs when the earbuds are used in open space where Bluetooth signals can’t bounce off walls in an enclosed space, to help them amplify. If you tend to keep your phone in one particular pocket (the right pocket, for example); it will probably help if you make the earbud on that side of your body, your primary earbud (this is the one that connects directly to your phone). With Melomania Touch the first earbud out of the case ALWAYS becomes the primary earbud that connects to your device, there is no setting or memory for that. You can see which is which in your device's Bluetooth connection list. Using a front pocket will also help provide a stronger signal.
If you believe your product is not behaving to an acceptable standard, please try system resetting your earbuds:
1. Place both earphones in the case and wait for them to slowly pulse red.
2. Press and hold both touch surfaces on your earphones for around 10 seconds until the earbud status lights both rapidly flash white
3. At this point, you can release the surface of the earphones. After a few seconds both go off almost simultaneously and one earbuds will emit 3 blue flashes, followed by the other earbud emitting 3 blue flashes.
4. The reset procedure is now complete and the earbuds will no longer remember any of the devices that have previously paired with them.
5. Your earbuds are now ready to pair with your device
6. Before re-pairing your earbuds you must remove them from the paired devices list on your device. If using an iOS (Apple) device ‘Forget this device’ after clicking on the ‘i’ symbol against each earbud in your phone’s Bluetooth settings list. Briefly switch Bluetooth on your device OFF and then back ON. If using an Android device select the ‘gear’ symbol beside each paired earbud and select ‘unpair’.
Now pair your earbuds following this procedure…
The procedure for properly pairing Melomania Touch is important and could be explained better in existing documentation. The way our True Wireless technology works means that both earbuds should (and need to) appear in your Bluetooth device list, but this isn’t obvious unless you know about it. We suggest following these steps to be sure:
- When you take the earphones out of the case to Bluetooth Pair them for the first time you should see one earbud’s LED flashing blue and white alternately and the other’s LED flashing white only.
- THEY MUST BE IN THIS STATE BEFORE YOU TRY TO PAIR WITH YOUR BLUETOOTH DEVICE.If you need to manually power on an earbud, press and hold the control surface until you hear “Power On” and the LED is on.
- If you need to manually set an earbud to be available to Pair, press and hold the control surface until you hear “Waiting to Pair” and the LED flashes blue and white alternately.
- In your device’s Bluetooth settings check for available devices and select Melomania Touch L (or R). This will pair.
- Wait for around 5 seconds and a pop message will ask to pair the second earbud. Select “Pair”
- In Bluetooth settings you should now see one Melomania earbud connected and the other in the paired devices list (on an iOS device this will say ‘Not Connected’ but as long as both earphones are powered on they will be paired to each other)
- Now enjoy your music and run the Melomania App to check for firmware updates and customise your listening experience.
If you encounter any hiccups, please place the earbuds back in the case for a few seconds, then take them back out. This allows them to reset their connection (just be patient for a few seconds while they reconnect fully).
For some users, updating firmware or changing Audio Mode can require one or more attempts if the Bluetooth connection isn’t completely stable. If this happens, check the earphones are still connected in your phone’s Bluetooth settings and try again.
When you use the app, it may take a few seconds to connect fully, so if you need to press the “Refresh” button on the app it may help to wait a few seconds.
We hope this resolves your issue. If it does not, please contact us.